Monday, May 25, 2015

Home Free

   Welcome everyone! So this week we finally built the chickens their new pen!


I am not sure if this is going to be their final pen, but it is a lot better than their first one.

We threw this little area together over the winter after... 

...their large pen collapsed. 
(You can read about that here!)

   The biggest change from last summer's pen is that we dropped the electric fence. I think I will be writing an updated review of that soon, but in short, we didn't like it.  

   We did bring back the ugly green netting. It is just so much easier to work with than chicken wire. 

   The chickens are so excited about their new pen! New bugs, new treat and even a little grass! (That last one probably won't last long, but it's good while it lasts!)




I love Sleepy in this picture!

   Well, I'll see you all right back here next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment