Monday, July 7, 2014

Field Trip

   When the chicks were four days old, we brought them outside for the first time. They were probably too young, but they had way too much energy. I expected them to be tried all the time. In fact, they have running back and forth in their brooder.
   Once in a while, one chick will tear a piece from the paper towel on the bottom of the brooder. Then, they will run around while the others chase them for it.
   So anyway, they definitely needed a field trip.



Raven was the first one to walk on the grass



They were all obviously very nervous. At first they were trying to get back in the box I brought them out in.


Then I started talking to them and this happened.









I love these chicks and apparently... they love me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment