Monday, June 22, 2015

Sugar and Spice

   I was thinking of ideas for blog posts today and I realized that I never finished the individual chicken posts. So, today I am going to be talking about Nutmeg. 



   The reason I have not written about Nutmeg until now is that she has never been very photogenic. Even as a chick... 

...she is moving in ever picture. 

   Nutmeg is very shy and nervous so she ends up in the background of most pictures. 

Nutmeg is the chick standing on my leg.

There she is peeking out the chicken door.

   Nutmeg is a Welsummer. This means that she is absolutely gorgeous. 


   I think she is one of the prettier chickens in my flock. Her neck feathers are gold and black. Those fade into a light red on her stomach. Most of her body feathers are a mottled brown and her tail feathers are black. 
   It is definitely an interesting look!


   Despite her shyness, Nutmeg is a very sweet chicken and I love having her.

   See you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment